PDA

View Full Version : Corel X6

wardsa
11-20-2012, 09:20 AM
I just bought Corel X6 and know very little about it but trying to learn. I have a PDF that I am trying to convert to either BMP or DXF to use in Aspire. I do a Bitmap Trace and try to save it as both. I have tried to save it as BMP, DXF, AI... It seems to go through the process and I can save it as either but it doesn't work correctly in Aspire. It seems as though some of the vectors/lines are missing. It seems pretty straight forward, am I missing something? I have attached the PDF.
Thanks,
Terry

adrianm
11-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Why not just do the bitmap trace in Aspire itself?

hh_woodworking
11-20-2012, 09:49 AM
In corel what I do is bitmap trace. go to wire frame under view then Export that as an AI file. Dont save it export it to a file.

kartracer63
11-20-2012, 10:20 AM
I usually export my file as a .dxf , then import into my Vectric program.

First thing I do after importing is delete duplicate vectors and join any open vectors that need it.

wardsa
11-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Adrian,
How do you import a PDF into Aspire? I couldn't get it to load in.
Terry

hh_woodworking
11-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Some PDF are just bitmaps without vectors and will not import as a pdf.

wardsa
11-20-2012, 12:04 PM
That's what I mean, but it looks like Adrian did from the screen shot???

adrianm
11-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Two ways. The way I did it for this was to put the PDF viewer in full screen mode, zoom as close to the picture as I could get and then I used the Windows snipping tool to save the picture as a bitmap and import it into Aspire.

The way I usually do it with embedded bitmaps is to use a PDF Editor (such as Foxit) and save the embedded bitmap directly.