PDA

View Full Version : Tiling question...

steve_g
12-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Looks like it's time for me to get comfortable with the tiling option in PartWorks/V-carve Pro... the feature seems fairly straight forward and the help section very thorough. Just a couple of questions for those experienced with the feature.

1. When I use the tiling manager, T1 (tile one) shows the red overlap area that assures the tool diameter is past the join line... It's not shown in the T2 layout even though I have the same settings. Is this a problem?

2. Does the tiling feature work to seamlessly carry a texture from T1 to T2?

Thanks

SG

penman
12-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi Steve,

certainly not saying that I am experienced with the tiling feature, but have done 1.8m long Golf Club signs on my Buddy 32 using Aspire.
The main thing to get right is the start/reference point and ensure that when you shift your material along for the second tile that you have the start point
aligned exactly right and that you kept your board on the same line/angle when you moved it forward. I done this by fixing a board to my table, placing the dressed edge of the board against it ( I had a pencil line to mark the start point drawn on it ) My sign was tiled into three .600 sections so i marked my blank at .600 and 1.2. Cut the first tile, unclamped, slid along to the 1st .600 mark reclamped and cut the 2nd section and done the same with the third. Worked well.
Sorry wandered off track. My reply to your question is from memory what you see is standard and will not hurt. Run a simple test as it looks as if you are only using text.
Cheers,

Roger.

steve_g
12-06-2012, 02:13 AM
I figured out the answers to my questions...

1.Only one over lap is shown when one of the "feed thru" options is selected... If a true tile strategy is selected, overlap is calculated for each tile.

2. YES!

I used a technique similar to the one Roger described above, I aligned the feed thru by eyeballing a mark... Perfect alignment!

SG

steve_g
12-06-2012, 07:15 AM
A 2' X 6' sign made on a 48 X 48 bot... Middle School kids will finish this sign to be used for a Christmas play.

I was very pleased with my first use of the tiling feature... I'll not try so hard to work around it any more!

SG