PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday December 19th, Inlay Training

TJ
12-13-2012, 12:41 PM
This will be held from 1:00pm to 3:30pm Eastern Time Zone

1. Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/781985493

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (213) 493-0614
Access Code: 781-985-493
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 781-985-493

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy®

myxpykalix
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
I've seen some of these meetings announced and was curious about this. It seems like you are required to dial a long distance phone number and wondered if it is a charge for this? Do you have to stay on long distance the entire length of the meeting? I don't have free long distance but was interested in some of these meetings...:confused:

TJ
12-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Jack, You are not required to dial in with a number, you are able to just use the provided URL. The above posting is a auto response I get from GoToMyMeetings, but after really looking at the wording it is misleading and should clearly state use the URL or dial in if not Internet connection as a bolded text instead of in the middle of a sentance...

All you will need to do is click on the URL, type in the meeting code and it will join you up. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

gene
12-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Jack,
You can type in your questions and watch the meetings online . Just remember to mute your mic if you have one

Bob Eustace
12-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Jack it works great on the iPad but its best to avoid going to the dunny whilst a session is in progress (they can go for almost 3 hours!)

TJ
12-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Wow, what a great turnout. We maxed out our number of seats within five minutes of the training being started. Sorry to all of the people who were not able to get in. I will post the recorded video as soon as I can get it processed and uploaded to the website.

TJ
12-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Here is the training in case you missed it or want to watch it again:
www.shopbottools.com/Training/Videos/InlayToolpathing.wmv

paul_z
12-20-2012, 04:24 PM
TJ,

Good video but I wanted to correct one thing about the V Carve inlay. The bottoms do not need to be flat. If the offset in the v bit creates ridges that are lower than the clearance between the inlay parts, they will not create an issue. In fact, the ridges may actually help as they create a larger glue surface.

There may be times that using a flat bottom end mill will reduce overall cutting time; however, I do not have a tool changer and I almost always prefer to have the bot spend extra time using the v bit to hog out the material. No bit change reduces my chances of creating a problem.

Paul Z

TJ
12-21-2012, 07:58 AM
I like the bottoms flat, easier for glue spreading/mating. That is the beauty of all of this, there are so many ways to do things and they still work!! Enjoy..

TJ
12-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Here is the Chat Log for the Inlay Training