PDA

View Full Version : Indexer for Buddy

phil_o
12-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I've hunted a bit and can't find info on the Shopbot site on the Indexer for the Buddy. I'm hoping someone can point me to where it is located.

Thanks,

Phil

gene
12-13-2012, 10:45 PM
What type of bit are you looking for? what are you going to do?

steve_g
12-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Gene

I think that the "bit" here is a verb and not a noun. Phil has been looking "awhile" for the indexer that goes with the Buddy...

Correct me if I'm wrong Phil!

SG

phil_o
12-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Steve is correct. I have been trying for a while to find information on the indexer for the Shopbot Buddy.

Phil

dana_swift
12-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Phil- the indexer for the buddy is not unique for the buddy. Its just the shopbot indexer. The desktop has a special indexer, but everything else uses the same hardware.

The easiest way to put an indexer on a buddy is to get a 4' powerstick and mount it on that, which is what I have done with mine.

Also note that the indexer is more useful than just being used as an indexer. I use it by itself as a thread tapping tool occasionally.

With the beta software the indexer can also be used as a "lathe drive" with continuous rotation for CNC lathe operations. Buddies would be perfect for that.

D

Simops
12-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Dana....just curious....can the indexer attached direct to a 4' power stick be used effectively with a standard Z height?

Cheers

Mike

Brady Watson
12-15-2012, 01:58 AM
....just curious....can the indexer attached direct to a 4' power stick be used effectively with a standard Z height?

Not really...which is why I raised mine up. Note the extra set of extrusion risers to raise the gantry. There is some good info in this thread (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424) if you read it all the way thru.

-B

Simops
12-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Thought so.....!