PDA

View Full Version : Artcam and PAF

Stockbub4
01-11-2013, 08:57 PM
I do not know if this is the right place to put this, but I am having a freaking fit with Artcam. I have had my Bot for several years now, but got involved on several projects and basically, it was just a hugh paperweight in my shop. I built new shop behind my house and brought the bot over here. With it being in my back yard I can use it more. Problems came up and I bought a new computer just for bot. Artcam worked for couple of weeks then error messages. Sent me new doggle, new PAF and it worked, then stopped working after a few weeks. Got several PAF attachments via e mail and finially got one to load. Worked great through christmas. For the first time since I got machine it was working like crazy. 20 hours a day making christmas gifts for 2 weeks. Went to open artcam tonight and same crappy message:

Dongle and PAF do not match. Do you want to install new license (PAF) File
/ PAF ERROR = 23 Line = 18.

Tried reinstalling PAF, then got the error message:

Failed to install new license (PAF) File.

I deleted all PAF's from computer opened e mail and download PAF that once worked. Still nothing. Manually installed PAF's in folders as instructed. Still nothing. Losing patience VERY quickly for what I paid for this program. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Bubba

garyb
01-11-2013, 09:14 PM
couple of things, check the paf file = the dongle #
do a search of the computer for paf's and make sure you only have the correct current one in the common files Delcam directory
What version of AC and Windows are you running? are you running AC as admin?
G.

Michaelodunk
01-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Sounds like a problem that I had. My virus software saw 2 files in the
bot control software as a virus and deleted them. The control software would
run but could'nt find the tools in the tool data base. I would down load the
control software and it would work fine until the virus software ran again.
This could be your problem.

Stockbub4
01-11-2013, 10:27 PM
I do not know how to check to see if PAF and dongle # are the same. My PAF file is like ROB35-01P.paf my dongle number is totally different. I do not kow if I am running AC as admin. I have AC Pro 9 and Artcam 2008. Weird thing is yesterday it worked perfect and todaynothing. Also, this computer is not hooked up to the internet so no virus scanner program. I have so much that was going to do Sat and Sunday. 9 freaking 30 and hands are tied.

Stockbub4
01-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Also, computer is running windows 7. Did I mention that it worked flawless 2 weeks before christmas

garyb
01-11-2013, 10:41 PM
open the paf and check the node id matches the dongle # (use notepad)
on the desktop AC icon, right click select run as admin and make sure your logged on as admin