wberminio
08-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm installing my new PRS Standard
Does any one have a suggestion on where to install
the control box?
Thanks

fleinbach
08-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Do a search for control box location there are lots of posts describing various mounting locations like this one

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/show.cgi?tpc=7&post=39030#POST39030

When searching select "and" instead of
"or" for better results.

ronbarnes
08-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Ermino,
I just got the same thing . Have had it a week now. I built a 1/2 thick plywood box with an open front and mounted it on the floor behind the right front table leg. My spindle control box is mounted to the wall. I also built a rolling enclosure for my computer and work from that position (right side) of machine. so far it works and my left side is wide open for loading and unloading material. I guess I felt I meeded some added protection than a filter wrap. I also use a plasma cam cnc machine and need to shelter the pc units from plasma dust. How are you doing on assembly?

Ron Barnes

wberminio
08-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Frank/Ron
Thanks for your suggestions
My Bot is setup similarly
I will be using a cordless mouse and keyboard to allow easier control of the machine.
I had a little trouble setting up the X carriage on the rails(shopbot tech were really patient),my wires are almost set, just waiting on -the electrician,vacuum hook up,learning the software....
simple things like that.

Erminio Marrese

srwtlc
08-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Here's a cabinet that I've been using for a long time. It was posted somewhere in the forum, but I think it was lost a while back. PRS standard control boxes can go inside where they're dust free and cooled. A fan pressurizes the interior to keep dust out and keeps a flow of cool air inside.

The plans are free for the asking.

wberminio
08-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Scott
I like your idea
I would definitely be interested your plans

Thanks

Erminio

Erminio