PDA

View Full Version : Tool Database Needs Duplicated/Moved

cabindoors
01-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Last year I updated my tool database in Aspire 2.5 with names and configs for all of my dozens of bits. Well, now I desperately need to paste that updated tool list to another new computer (actually several computers).

I can't find any information on how to do this. I've tried deleting the old tool.toolbase.db files and copying the new ones in the location that my Aspire 2.5.exe originates, but it still has the old database. What am I doing wrong? When I move my new texture files to the new computer, that works fine but not the tool database.

Desperate in Colorado
Tom

ron_churches
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Tom,
See this post , it may help. I only have Partworks 3, I am not sure if this applies to your version of Aspire

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16799

adrianm
01-22-2013, 03:00 PM
If you're using Vista it could be the user account control keeping a copy.

Try this thread for some ideas - http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3713

jhedlund58
01-23-2013, 09:04 AM
you have to import the old tool db into the new one.... open the new version of aspire.... open the tool db... the import button will import the old database into the new one... and will insert anywhere u are positioned in the tool db... so be sure u are at the highest level... after import u can clean up tools not used.

hope this helps

adrianm
01-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Tom has Aspire 2.5. The ability to import/export the tool database came in with Aspire 3.

cabindoors
01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
I guess I'm out of luck... My Aspire 2.5 won't import. I am using Windows XP so your suggestions don't seem to help.

I really appreciate your help however. To all of you, thanks for you great attempts to solve this problem. What a bummer.

Tom

jerry_stanek
01-24-2013, 11:17 AM
have you contacted Vectric about this

adrianm
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
If you're using XP it should simply be a matter of copying the tools.tool_db file from the C:\Program Files\Aspire V2.5\ToolDatabase folder to the same on the new machine.

Make sure that Aspire is not running when doing the copy.