PDA

View Full Version : 3d help....

twelchPTM
01-31-2013, 06:43 PM
So i am using the gear maker gaget for this project I am working on but have found in order to create the motion I am looking for I will need to make mitre gears, I am able to use the basic vectors to creat the object I need using the trial version of aspire but I can't save the toolpaths. I have been promised we will be purchasing the aspire software but in the mean time I was wondering of someone would be willing to help me out by making me a cut file?

twelchPTM
01-31-2013, 07:21 PM
I thought it was easy but I think I may have figured out another way... however any input on creating mitre gears would be helpful...

Brady Watson
01-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Another approach...or drill holes and use dowels:

http://woodgears.ca/gear/howto.html

-B

myxpykalix
01-31-2013, 07:59 PM
I have the gearmaker app from M Wandel, if you tell me what you need i'll try to make you something if you still need help.:)

twelchPTM
01-31-2013, 08:07 PM
well I think I got into the mode where I was really thinking to hard on it. I had to take a step back and realize I am building a giant to not a precision piece of equipment.
I realized that if I tweak the toothshape a little I can make everything fit well enough to serve its purpouse but thank you so very much for your help. I will post a pic once I get it figured out