PDA

View Full Version : Latest Show and Tell

Mark Farris
01-31-2013, 09:50 PM
I have been so impressed with the quality of work shown on this forum and I finally have something nice enough to show. I use my bot every week for general fabrication but rarely take the time to do something cool. This was made for a friend for a Christmas present. It is local cypress, the redfish purchased from Vectorart 3D, sized and toolpathed in Vectorart 3D Machinist, and pocketed into the oval sign. The oval sign was drawn and toolpathed in Partsworks. All created on a 2003 9648 PRT V4g. in a little over 4 hrs machine time. Thanks to all the good help and information on the forum. I'm not quite sure why it attached so small, but I'm still learning about attaching pics.

Sincerely,
Mark Farris

ssflyer
01-31-2013, 10:08 PM
Mark,

That looks great! Keep up the good work and keep posting it! :D

bobmoore
01-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Nice work Mark. I have the same machine and it keeps performing well.
Bob

hbcreative
02-03-2013, 10:09 AM
What a great sign, nice work Mark! I'm sure your friend loved seeing that under the tree :)

billp
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Mark,
Are you going to make it to this year's Florida Camp Shopbot, March 8/9?
If so, please BRING some of your stuff ( again)...

Mark Farris
02-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I wish I could get a larger pic on the forum. This pic was a jpeg and by the time I got the kb down to the prescribed size it was pretty small. Is there a better format or tricks to getting a larger picture on the forum? I know I see larger ones all the time.

Bill P., I'm not sure at this point if I'm going to make it to the Florida camp again this year. I'm getting ready to purchase Aspire and am already signed up for McGrew's Aspire camp in April for all three days. I'll just have to see, but thanks for asking.

ccamember
02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Jim, Cedar Key is fairly close to where I live.

mtylerfl
02-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I wish I could get a larger pic on the forum. This pic was a jpeg and by the time I got the kb down to the prescribed size it was pretty small. Is there a better format or tricks to getting a larger picture on the forum? I know I see larger ones all the time.

Bill P., I'm not sure at this point if I'm going to make it to the Florida camp again this year. I'm getting ready to purchase Aspire and am already signed up for McGrew's Aspire camp in April for all three days. I'll just have to see, but thanks for asking.

Great project, Mark. Looks wonderful!

As far as pics...I load my original photo into the photo editing software, then resize it to a reasonable size for web viewing (usually between 550x550 to 750x750 pixels). After that, I change the photo resolution to 96 pixels/inch for on-screen web viewing.

That will almost certainly yield a comfortable viewing size (and small file size) so you can upload without any issues. Hope that is helpful!