PDA

View Full Version : Aspire and Partsworks 3D view resolution

Mark Farris
02-17-2013, 09:23 PM
I have been messing around with the trial version of Aspire and am getting ready to purchase it. I have a question about the 3D view, and this also applies to my Partsworks (current version). All the tutorials show a very clear and concise 3D view, but mine is very "grainy" and if the part is small and you zoom in it is almost not even there or just a few grainy boxes. Is there settings in my computer that sharpens the 3D view? I am working on a HP desktop with a Pentium Dual Core 260 GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows Vista 64 bit operating system. I'm sure it has to be better than I'm getting. Any help is appreciated.

Mark

Brady Watson
02-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Mark,
By default the modelling resolution is low in Aspire. Create a new model, and increase the resolution to High or Very High. Be sure to create a workspace/model not too much larger than the 3D model you want to create or import into Aspire. Otherwise, you will be 'watering down' resolution by making the model space too large. If your model is only 6" or so in X&Y, you would not want to make your model 48X96", as this spreads the resolution out too thin, so to speak. There are no comparable settings that can be changed in PartWorks. What you see is what you get, aside from adjusting toolpath preview resolution.

-B

Mark Farris
02-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks Brady, makes perfect sense. I had been setting up in a 96 x 48 mode quite often. Using the smaller workspace made all the difference. Also I was working with a traced bitmap of some wrought iron that obviously wasn't very clean. The 3D image of a VectorArt 3D model or a dome made using the drawing and modeling tools was much cleaner.

Mark

rcnewcomb
02-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Also, set Toolpaths/Preview Simulation Quality/Best Quality

Mark Farris
02-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks Randal