PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Projects

jsfrost
01-10-2007, 12:23 AM
A couple of my more unusual projects:

The first picture is a 4 by 5 foot sheet of 3/8 inch black plastic with 2 inch text of HTML from the client's recient internet activiity v carved with a 90 degree V. Over this is a replica of the client's fingerprint carved with a 120 V. The fingerprint AI was tweaked slightly to prevent breaking through the plastic. Not the best picture, it was taken when the 5 hour cutting finished at 11PM, followed by a rainy morning and afternoon pickup.

The second is the most ambitious lake countour I have done so far. It was done on a 12 by 20 inch 3/4 piece of oak for a friend who's brother lives on the lake. Toolpath took about 16 hours to derive from data on the Minnesota DNR website, and I nearly worked this job for free. Minnetonka is a series of lakes near Minneapolis with thousands of wealthy lakeside homes, so I expect to eventually make money on the project. In resizing for upload, I lost half a lake, but I know the original is somewhere. The compass is my own design, set up to V carve in almost no time, but it looks like it took a lot of effort. The file is available if anyone wants it.