PDA

View Full Version : Speed and feeds from Aspire to SB

garyr6
03-04-2013, 09:30 AM
The speed and feeds for bits listed in Aspire, do the transfer to my SB desktop, or do I need to set my SB program for this. I assumed (yes I know what it stands for) the data was transferred to the SB set up so I did not have to manually set speeds etc. I was watching the desktop run a program last night and noticed the spindle speed never changed from one bit (1/4 end cutter to a 1/8 ball noise.
Thanks for your input oh wise and all knowing forum.

srwtlc
03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
What post processor are you using in Aspire? If it's one that doesn't have 'Speed' in the name, it won't have the command to change the spindle RPM. You'll likely want the one named "ShopBot Arc (inch)w/speed(*.sbp)"

Are the move speeds changing or set to what they were for the chosen cutter?

Post the .sbp file here to take a look at.

garyr6
03-04-2013, 04:53 PM
mmmmm, just when you think you know it all, you get on the SB forum and someone tells you the real answer. Thanks. Have changed to the new PP with speed. Now I'll start looking for the one that says "" post processor that makes the owner smarter"
Thanks again."

garyc
03-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Gary...
The Desktop does not have a spindle speed control option. Move speeds will come in from Aspire for the duration of the file, then revert back to those set on the console. Spindle speed must be set manually using the potentiometer on the VFD.

garyr6
03-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Well there you go. That sounds like what is going on.
What's with the PP with speed in the title for?

Gary Campbell
03-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Gary...
Buddy & PRS tools with spindles and spindle speed control.

All Routers are controlled by the manual switch.

DeskTop Spindles are controlled by the pot (knob) on the VFD

srwtlc
03-04-2013, 09:44 PM
There, I learned something new too.

Manual control for the spindle on the desktop is a bummer though. What's up with that?

PNast
04-02-2013, 06:40 AM
"ShopBot Arc (inch)w/speed(*.sbp)" What does the Arc stand for? Can I use this with a PRSAlpha?

Thanks,
Paul

zeykr
04-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Yes you can use it with an alpha.

Arc means that the toolpath is output using arc commands for curved areas rather than small straight line segments. The Arc PP is probably what you want to be using.