PDA

View Full Version : Installing new 3.8

GlenP
03-06-2013, 02:43 PM
The new 3.8 control software, is there any removing older version or ini files we should delete before installing the new version? I thought I have read a post about doing something like this before upgrading???

Bob Eustace
03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Glen, Gary posted this update yesterday.

Guys/Gals...
There is 1 additional note pertaining to the SpeedTest.exe. If you are upgrading from one of the 3.6.xx versions, and don't uninstall SB3 using Windows, SpeedTest will remain in the Diagnostics folder. Using the [U][T] command opens this folder and you have the ability to run the Speed Test. Dont be tempted, it does not work with the new firmware.

But, if you use the Windows uninstall (Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs in XP, or Control Panel> Programs/Features in Win7) to remove SB3 prior to installing SB3.8.xx the SpeedTest app will not be on the computer. As it should be for the new versions.

Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by garyc; Yesterday at 11:22 AM.

GlenP
03-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Hey Bob. I did see that. I have read once about deleting a file that has a "ini" extension and wondered if that is something I need to do before installing the new version. My machine seems to be quirky when I load the 3.8 on it. I have a version 2.04 control card so should not be any issues there.

Cheers,