PDA

View Full Version : Spindle Control Box Location

joewino
08-18-2006, 08:59 AM
We are in the process of assembling our PRT/alpha and need to know where to install the control box for our Colombo spindle. Where do you normally install this item - on a nearby wall or close to the computer?

zeykr
08-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Mine is on the wall just above my computer so I can reach it to change speeds easily.

kerrazy
08-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Ray you want it in close proximity of the Control box, as you need to push the start button on the control box, as well as adjust the RPM on the spindle on cold starts. If possible, have all units, Computer, Control Box and Spindle VHF box located together, to reduce your movement, you will appreciate that with in only a few days.

Dale

joewino
08-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks Ken and Dale.

hugo_v
01-06-2007, 12:22 AM
I have ploblem to coneted cp whith box control and where a can find configuration of port in the shopbot control. This is my first experience about emsanble machine if some one help me in LA California.

mikek
02-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Raymond, this is where we put put this one for an HSD spindle, control box and computer. You can barely see the top of the control box in the picture.

byoc
02-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I mounted both my control box and spindle drive under the table like they showed in the manual. I definitely need to move mine to the wall next to the PC. It's a huge PITA to have to get up, walk around the machine and hit start or reset all the time.

byoc
02-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Hugo,

You need to find out what port you are operating on by looking in windows and then changing the port in shopbot to match. Here's the click path to get to the COM port directory in windows.

start >control panel >system >hardware >device manager >ports >communications ports

It will tell you which com port is open or you can change it. Then when you open up shopbot3, you'll get a yellow box asking you to retry on another port. Set that port to the same as what you have windows set to.

I just had to go through the same thing.

fleinbach
02-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Keith,

Instead of moving the box I relocated the start and rest buttons to make it easier to reach. From where I sit I can reach every button and even change bits without getting up.