PDA

View Full Version : Military Plaques

mblackwell1002
03-26-2013, 10:18 PM
This was my primary reason for purchasing the Shopbot. I like to take care of my own. The guys love them!

Oh, and I threw in a picture of my helper!

gene
03-26-2013, 10:21 PM
They look great , Did that little feller make them?

myxpykalix
03-27-2013, 04:51 AM
Very cool....My love for woodworking was fostered by my uncle who would give me scraps, hammer and nails, handsaw and other handtools and told to go make something.

It didn't matter what it was and after i would show it to him he would help me refine it. I guess you can't just "turn over the keys to the shop" to your young one but definitely foster that interest. Great plaques!:D

englert
03-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Pretty impressive. Really nice detail.

Semper Fi,
Dennis Englert
USMC Retired

Suade907
04-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Wow nice job, this may sound like a silly question but this is coming from a complete newbie woodworker. When you painted your letters and details is there a technique you follow or do you paint it all by hand? I was wondering if you could spray the whole thing at once and run it through a planer or something when it dried. Thanks in advance.

supertigre
04-25-2013, 08:54 PM
U.S.

The material looks like Corian so the best way to paint would be to spray (rattle can) and then sand off the excess.

dlcw
04-25-2013, 10:23 PM
Matthew, great job!

From one veteran (retired Coast Guard) to another, THANK YOU for your service and this great work you are doing for your buddies.