PDA

View Full Version : My best work yet.....

myxpykalix
04-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I have been working off and on for a few months on this design and finally felt after a few trials it was worthy of cutting. I have seen some neat things from guys like AJCoholic, and Steve Glassel, and several others who's work i have learned from and admired but this in my opinion ranks right up there with them, if not a bit better if i do say so myself:o

billp
04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Jack,
I believe that it would have taken you a few months to achieve this....

steve_g
04-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Good job Jack...

I like how you let the beauty of the wood speak for it self. The chatoyance of the wood makes you feel like you can step right into it... I particularly like your choice of finish... easily reproduced by any member of this exclusive, august group of craftsmen! I can't wait to see how you incorporate this design style into your next creation!

SG

Bob Eustace
04-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Made my day Jack! Got appendix pains from laughing for two hours! Will you be sharing the file?

knight_toolworks
04-01-2013, 05:34 PM
several months works what equals 5.00 or so in pay?

jerry_stanek
04-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I really like how the lettering seems to just float outside of the main piece.

chiloquinruss
04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
What bit and what speed and feed? I can never get my jokes to turn out that good! Also what brand of finish did you use, mine always runs a little! Oh and btw thanks for the grins! :D Russ

beacon14
04-02-2013, 01:12 AM
I meant to warn everyone not to pay any attention to anything Jack said yesterday.

Jack you are so predictable...

myxpykalix
04-02-2013, 01:50 AM
David,
That is because i've been doing this for 6 years and every year i catch a few suckers that fall for it over and over....:D

The fun part is knowing that most of you old farts will forget about this in a few months and i'll catch you again next year!:)