PDA

View Full Version : v-carve pro shopbot edition - bad pockets

twelchPTM
04-26-2013, 02:26 PM
I am pocketing a series of 3/8" circles at .25" deep into 1/2" board, I used the new v-carve pro shopbot edition to create the partfile, In the software everything appears correct but then it cuts the pockets at .75 not .375 ?
Any ideas?

srwtlc
04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Check to see where you have chosen to have your 'Material Z' in the VCPSBE file (a new acronym! :rolleyes:) and that you have set your zero at the machine accordingly. I think you may have it set to material surface in the VCPSBE file and to the table at your machine.

twelchPTM
04-26-2013, 03:09 PM
I have the z set at the top of my material but how would the z effect the size of the circle? The depth is fine but the size of the circle is coming out double.

adrianm
04-26-2013, 03:11 PM
What size are they showing in the preview within VCarve?

Do you have the right Post processor selected in the new version?

Have you got any pocket allowance set?

steve_g
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Any chance you're cutting outside rather than inside the vector?
or not cutting with the design size bit?

SG

twelchPTM
04-26-2013, 03:44 PM
What size are they showing in the preview within VCarve?

Do you have the right Post processor selected in the new version?

Have you got any pocket allowance set?

Preview shows up correct
PP is correct
None that I know of

also @steve pocketing toolpaths don't give you and inside/outside option
and the file calls for an 1/8" bit and I am using an 1/8" bit.

Also just tried to cut some other circles for the same product and it seems that both the profile and pocket toolpaths are cutting circles (square parts came out fine) double size (x and y only - z depth is fine)

jerry_stanek
04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
What size bit are you using and is it correctly and is the geometry set right.

twelchPTM
04-26-2013, 04:16 PM
every setting i can find seems to be correct, i was just looking at the actual part file in the sb editor and can actually point out the extra lines of code.

i cut out a bunch of different circles yester day and the day before w/o any issue so either a setting i don't know about or can't find some how got changed of there is a glitch in the vcpsbe (the extra code tells me its not the control software). I also checked the PP and it is the same as the old one (the section dealing with arc's).

I will go back to using my original partworks for now...

twelchPTM
04-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I apologize for wasting everyone's time, I have to admit to stupidity on this one... Radius vs. Diameter (I always work with diameter but the tool setting got switched to radious)....:eek:

zeykr
04-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Or did you have radius checked when creating the circles instead of diameter?

srwtlc
04-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Glad you got it figured out, sorry I 'Dyslexia'd' your initial question. ;)