PDA

View Full Version : ShopBot Basic Training May 3rd and 4th

TJ
04-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Basic Training is held every month in Durham, NC. Though it is catered to the participants who have paid to attend an audio broadcast with a live stream of the instructors screen is available for online users. This online training is very useful to new users who are showing interest, new buyers of the machine and individuals who might need a refresher with the machine and software.

Friday May 3rd Basic Training

1. Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/867085613

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.

Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (786) 358-5420
Access Code: 867-085-613
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 867-085-613

Saturday May 4th Basic Training
1. Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/729596973

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.

Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (619) 550-0000
Access Code: 729-596-973
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 729-596-973

JoeinWestMich
04-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Looking forward to seeing you there.

scottp55
04-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks Joe, saw you bought a buddy,how long have you had it,any prior cnc experience and how do you find the learning curve? I'm looking at the desktop with spindle and feeling kind of overwhelmed, but am getting a lot of help here. scott

TJ
04-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Look forward to seeing you as well! We are going to have a good group. I will check and see if the minor league baseball team is in town maybe we can get a group and go catch a game!! Thanks, TJ

scottp55
04-29-2013, 10:23 AM
TJ, I think I may have pressed a wrong button or something. I'm just interested in following it online. If I did something wrong can you undo it. As much as NC sounds nice I would hate to miss a day of our wonderful Maine blackfly season. Thanks though. Scott Plaisted

JoeinWestMich
04-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Scott,
Don't have the Buddy yet. I planned to take the 2-day course this Friday and Saturday. They have the Buddy planned for shipment next week. Very excited and nervous at the same time. Extremely limited experience, and that only with a Carvewright but it got me hooked into wanting a more full service machine and software. Went with Aspire. Quite the learning curve. But this is going to be my hobby so I can take whatever time I need, and I have no production schedule to meet. I will post after I get the Buddy up and running.

scottp55
04-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Hi Joe, I think it's going to be a heck of a hobby.Just took first vcarve tutorial like Brady suggested and when I put a capital A on a virtual 2' cube, I felt like my first dovetail that would not come apart when I dry-fit it. Nice talking let me know how the two day is, and I'll follow you when you get your machine. Scott

sc.crab
04-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Good Afternoon, TJ
Did I read this correct that this is available online to owners or is there a charge? I'm still trying to make some time to get to the factory for some training and also want to thank you for all your help so for.
Thanks Johnny

TJ
05-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Anyone can view the online training while it is in session free of cost. You will be able to hear me talk and see my computer screen. However..... We move around a lot and spend some time back in the shop away from the classroom. I also have a lot of physical demos on machines and already made projects so this stuff you will not be able to see while watching online. There is still a lot of good information that can be picked up while joining online, but you do not get the full effect by any means! I like to suggest to people to watch the online session a couple months after they have come here and taken the training. That way it works as a refresher since we do throw so much information at you in two days.

Look forward to seeing you sometime!! Thanks, TJ

crash5050
05-02-2013, 04:56 PM
What time does it start TJ?

TJ
05-02-2013, 05:06 PM
We start at 9:00. We do introductions, tour of the shop, etc. So you can sign on then but we won't get into the bulk of stuff until 10:00 or a little later.