PDA

View Full Version : E-Stop Problems on New Shopbot

wooden_innovations
03-17-2006, 05:19 PM
I am trying to start my Shopbot for the first time and I keep getting this error:

STOP Button is ON, or not properly connected!

The Remote Stop Button connected to Input #4 appears to be ON and needs to be checked.

I have checked both connections on the button and in the control box. The button is not depressed when I start the software. Then I push the button and then reset it. I can hear the relays click once and the software doesn't recognize the change, even after I have pushed the system reset.

I have pushed buttons, reset buttons, removed the cable from the box, and reinstalled the cable in the box from the E-Stop, all many times.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rodney

Alpha 96, 3.4.19 software

paco
03-17-2006, 06:44 PM
So you have test your tool without the Remote stop installed... right?!... how dare you?!

Seriously, it should work without it... testing purposes only.

The first thing that come to mind is the setting in SB3; VN command, you got two choice for the #4 input.

Does that help?

Ryan Patterson
03-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Rodney,
I remember installing the software once and it asked what type of E-Stop I had N\O or N\C. Check the wiring to the E-Stop. You could also try pressing the E-Stop then starting the Shopbot software if there is no error message you will need to rewire the E Stop.
Ryan

wooden_innovations
03-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Tech Support called and we figured out that one of the cables on channel 1 was not seated right on the board.

Rodney