View Full Version : Did I get an incomplete control box?

byoc
06-08-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm sorry, guys. But the instructions for wiring the control box and spindle for the new PRS are sad. They tell you nothing and the schematics supplied don't match. They look just like my old PRT.

Anyways....It says the power cable for the control box is connected at the factory. My control box has no power cable. I have 3 conductor 600v cable I can use, but there is no information about hooking it up. I also only have 2 contactors. Shouldn't there be 4 with an HSD spindle?

Here's a link to the pic
[IMG/]http://buildyourownclone.com/controlbox.jpg[IMG]

byoc
06-08-2007, 01:14 AM
I'm missing the E-switch too. And I didn't get any bits. But I did get a free SB hat.

Doesn't the E-switch complete the circuit to the spindle?

weslambe
06-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Jimminy Cricket, I hope that you get it all straightened out soon. I also hope that you get your stuff through customs quickly so that you can get to work.

Things at SB must be hectic right now. My leasing company called me Monday and said that SB was requesting final payment but then sat on the final invoice (preventing payment and shipping) for a few days until I called them to get the ball rolling. Monday I got my hopes up that I would receive my machine by this weekend. Yesterday I was told it would be another week.

bill_l
06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Keith,

If it's an Alpha then there is a considerable number of items missing from that control box. Call ShopBot asap.

Bill

byoc
06-08-2007, 11:20 AM
well...appearently, this is what the new PRS alphas are supposed to look like inside. They don't come with the power cables hooked up anymore. Your electrician is supposed to be able to do all that. I am not an electrician, but I'm probably more proficient at reading a schematic than most electricians and I'm having a hard time figuring this one out. Please update the manual.

byoc
06-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Ok...so after looking at the schematic with a more open mind, it does make sense. I guess two of the 4 contactors were replaced with the blue thing...some sort of relay.