PDA

View Full Version : Awfs 2013

Ajcoholic
05-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Anyone going to the Vegas woodworking show?

I am heading down to the show again this year (was there in 2011, where I decided to buy my Shopot) and if anyone else is going, and might want to cruise the show or grab a coffee, let me know.

AJC

Ken Sully
05-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Andrew,
I am going to the show. My plan was to make my final decision on CNC at the show and guess what! Following the forum I found a 2009 PRS Alpha with 50 hours on it. So drove 600 miles with my trailer and adopted my Bot. On the way home had 300 miles of rain and 300 miles of dry, but all was well.
As a new user cut out a couple of 2D projects and can't wait to do more. I would love to have coffee or lunch with you if you have time. My plan for the show is to look at bits, software and vacuum hold down options. I have followed your posts and am very impressed with the beautiful projects you produce. So.... if you don't mind basic questions... I'll even buy
Ken

garyr6
05-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the land of BOTS.....I sure we will see yo'll at the show. I'll be there poking around at all the new stuff. Looking forward to seeing the newest bot in the family.

genek
05-22-2013, 08:52 AM
A shop bot opens up a whole new world of designs and products.
My company is three generations old. With the shop bot. I now produce more with one part time employee and my self than what my dad and grandfather did with 10 men in less time. The shop bot allows you to do things that normally one could not do like 3/d carvings...
Check out www.beckwithdecor.com (http://www.beckwithdecor.com), www.vectorart3d.com www.onsrud.com
Ialso have patterns for sale.. Go to my link about 45 patterns.
Shop bot has great training, check with T.J. at Shopbot for his schedule.

mark_stief
05-22-2013, 09:52 AM
I'll be there Wed thru Fri should try and meet at Shopbot booth then go have lunch or something

Ajcoholic
05-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Andrew,
I am going to the show. My plan was to make my final decision on CNC at the show and guess what! Following the forum I found a 2009 PRS Alpha with 50 hours on it. So drove 600 miles with my trailer and adopted my Bot. On the way home had 300 miles of rain and 300 miles of dry, but all was well.
As a new user cut out a couple of 2D projects and can't wait to do more. I would love to have coffee or lunch with you if you have time. My plan for the show is to look at bits, software and vacuum hold down options. I have followed your posts and am very impressed with the beautiful projects you produce. So.... if you don't mind basic questions... I'll even buy
Ken

Ken,
I plan to be there all day Friday, and hopefully Saturday as well (depends upon my wife's plans).

Sounds great... I love talking about woodworking and looking for new things to spend my $$ on ;)

Will revive this thread a few weeks before the show..

Ajcoholic
05-22-2013, 05:13 PM
I'll be there Wed thru Fri should try and meet at Shopbot booth then go have lunch or something

Again, sounds great!

mark_stief
07-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Has anybody else made plans yet:confused::confused:

Ajcoholic
07-02-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm still going...

mark_stief
07-02-2013, 10:20 AM
I'll be there Wed-Fri hopefully we'll be able to meet up on friday

Ajcoholic
07-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Im taking one of the classes Friday morning (9am to 11am) and supposed to be having lunch with the Vectric fellows, but will be walking around "sight-seeing" all afternoon Friday, and Saturday.

Ill post a week before. But I know there are a few guys who want to meet up - maybe grab a coffee and go look at some cool equipment & supplies!

I am always looking for new and interesting things... :)

Ryan P
07-15-2013, 05:27 PM
AWFS in now just around the corner. It looks like a few of you are going to attend. We are thinking of hosting a Happy Hour on Thursday July 25th starting at 5:30. The Las Vegas Hotel has a room available for us. How many of you would be able to make it?

Ken Sully
07-15-2013, 06:30 PM
I would love to attend.

Andrew looking forward to meeting you there. Either Thursday evening or Friday Morning I am headed home on Friday at 2PM

Ajcoholic
07-15-2013, 08:12 PM
AWFS in now just around the corner. It looks like a few of you are going to attend. We are thinking of hosting a Happy Hour on Thursday July 25th starting at 5:30. The Las Vegas Hotel has a room available for us. How many of you would be able to make it?

Unfortunately, as much as I'd love to have a cool gin & tonic with the shop bot guys/gals.... I won't be flying into LV until later on Thursday evening.

Ken, FRiday after my class is done (11am) I'm good.

beacon14
07-15-2013, 10:07 PM
I'll be at the show poking around - would love a free drink but how about another night - CMA dinner starts at 5:45 Thursday.

Ken Sully
07-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Andrew,
Doesn't look like it is going to work out this year.
My plane leaves at 2:00 PM so I will be heading to the airport at 11:00.

mark_stief
07-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Ken
2 days won't be long enuf you're going to leave without seeing everything PM me with your cell # I lost it I'll be there Wed- Fri hope to see you there ken and hopefully met with A.J. also

Ajcoholic
07-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Ken
2 days won't be long enuf you're going to leave without seeing everything PM me with your cell # I lost it I'll be there Wed- Fri hope to see you there ken and hopefully met with A.J. also

You'll be tempted to spend less :)

It took me 2 full days last year to see the whole Atlanta show. The last time I was in Vegas in 2012, I only had a 1/2 day to visit the show since our baby son was with us (not at the show of course).

This year I have a day and a half - I think that will be JUST enough if I walk quickly.

Unfortunately for me, my wife couldnt take the two days before we leave off work. They are short staffed in the summer and we are lucky to get the time off we have.

Looking forward to it! Right now it is 87% humidity here and hot. Vegas is hotter by 10 degrees, but with no humidity I find it a lot more comfortable.

bleeth
07-17-2013, 07:30 AM
No worries Andrew: Vegas is much smaller than Atlanta!

Ryan P
07-18-2013, 04:33 PM
From the emails I have received it looks like more people will be able to attend on Friday. So Friday is the day. We have reserved a room for Friday the 26th starting at 5:30 . If you can attend I will need you to send me an email to let me know. ryan.p@shopbottools.com . Thank you and see you next week.

Ajcoholic
07-24-2013, 09:58 PM
If anyone wants to try and contact me at the show Friday afternoon or Saturday, my cell # is (seven05) six42 - six319