PDA

View Full Version : Messages when loading the cut files.....

Hoytbasses
05-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Here's a question I haven't been able to find an answer for:

when we load a cut file and hit 'start' sometimes the message comes up "hit enter to cut part" (or words to that effect)

sometimes the message comes up " Is tool #x in the router?" and "is the Z axis zeroed?"

This being a high school , I'd like the latter messages to be displayed every time we load a cut file: (who are we kidding ? I need that prompting as well:-)

Is there a way to ensure those messages come up?

to me, it's an insurance policy for my students to double check one last time before hitting "start"

dlcw
05-23-2013, 11:14 AM
I would contact Shopbot support and ask them why the messages are random instead of consistent.

There seems to be something wrong with the code you got from Shopbot, when you got your machine, in that it 'sometimes' displays the messages.

GeneMpls
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
It seems to me that if the tool called out is the same as the last tool
used that you don't get that message. If different- it does the prompts?

zeykr
05-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Think it would also depend on which post processor you are using and if using the MTC (manual Tool Change) post, on how you have it set up. You could edit your post to add these kind of things and limit the kids to using just the one modified post, or edit the MTC files to always ask for the tool regardless of what was last used.

jerry_stanek
05-23-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm thinking they are using different computers and different post processors.

Hoytbasses
05-26-2013, 01:40 AM
so if i'm understanding this correctly, you all consistently get the

"is tool x in the machine?

and "is the z axis zero'ed ?" message every time on your machines?

our shopbot controller computer is an older gateway, but it seems to work fine in working with cut files.....

I'll contact support

thanks

Karl

jerry_stanek
05-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Are they using the same program to create the files. Different post processors will have different headers.

Hoytbasses
05-26-2013, 10:21 AM
we have partworks 3.5 for our design and the Shopbot 3 control program. most of the designs are done on the same computer that the machine is running on, some others are being drawn on different (same brand) computers and imported on a flash drive..... all the computers are loaded with the same exact software......

thanks for the feedback , all.

zeykr
05-26-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't have partworks, but I think you still have the choice of several different Shopbot post processors. The prompts you mention come from using the MTC (Manual Tool Change) post processor. It may be that another of your machines is using a different post which is why you sometimes get the prompt and others not.

The MTC post processor uses the MTC 'system' which is a series of shopbot part files located on your control computer. You can make customizations to the MTC system, including not having it remember which tool was last used so that it always prompts "is tool such and such in the machine". This would probably be a good idea in a school setting, especially if others may be using other posts.

GeneMpls
05-26-2013, 12:47 PM
I am interested in this as well- I have Vcarve 7 for SBot and the only
processors available are Shopbot TC (inch and mm).

bleeth
05-26-2013, 07:36 PM
In the latest versions of PW the choices for SB post-processors has been cut down. They decided that the "arcs-inch" and "arcs-metric" versions were really all that was needed.