View Full Version : stand for desktop?

Chelmite
05-30-2013, 03:05 AM
What do I need to do for a stand for the Desktop?
Sears sells stands for their tools. Is that a good option?

Thanks

tlempicke
05-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Harbor freight has a wooden workbench that sells for $159. (Many times on sale for $139) It is just about the perfect size and if you are so inclined would be easy to mount wheels on. It is beautifully made and finished. Mine is Maple and I do not believe that I can buy the wood for the price of the piece.

Chelmite
05-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Are you referring to the 60" workbenches with drawers? It's only 20" deep. Is that enough support for the ShopBot DeskTop?

Brett Dickinson
07-08-2013, 01:28 PM
I have developed a tremendous Desktop Cart which completely breaks down without tools. I can load a Desktop in a Toyota Scion, van or pickup truck without any assistance. I will be offering the cutting files and a Utube video in the near future. You can see more photos in my album. I have already built two and working on a third. This is a total production platform with multiple shelves and storage boxes. Everything is within easy reach.

Brett Dickinson
07-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I have developed a cart for the Desktop that completely breaks down without tools. One person can load and unload their Desktop in a variety of vehicles.
It is a complete production platform with multiple shelves and storage boxes. I have included a few photos to show some of its storage capacity. I have already built two and am working on a third. I will be making the cutting files available after I do a little more fine tuning and also will be doing a UTube video. I have built hundreds of projects using this cart and with the it, everything is at your fingertips. My latest design has a mouse pad platform with decimal equivalents on it.

Check out my photo album.

dana_swift
07-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Brett- that is first class work on the table! You forget those cars are not pickup trucks! But it gets in there..

I need a table for my spindle sander and disk sander.. I may take the idea and adapt it with your permission.

Were you able to fab all the pieces with the desktop? If not, how big of a machine did it require?

D

Brett Dickinson
07-08-2013, 10:48 PM
These were all cut on a full size machine. I built two of them at my school shop. This one will be for me and I will be cutting it on a friend's machine since I am now teaching at a new location and they have not purchased a ShopBot as of yet. The top can be anything you want it to be. Once you see a more detailed breakdown, you will realize how much you can store. Ideally it is for a Desktop and work fantastic. Give me about four weeks to get things done and I will be posting the cutting files before end of August.

myxpykalix
07-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Brett,
Not quite a "flat-pack" design:D but very cool. Pull out your parts, slap it together and roll it in wherever you're going:eek:

Great design and good execution. How long did it take you to design that?
Good job:)

Brett Dickinson
08-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Took well over a week and more design work after that since I have added a bottom shelf, sliding rails, tool storage box, front tool tray, revised laptop shelf with mouse pad
area and clipboard/notes holder above desktop shelf. Working on my 3rd card for my own person desktop which just arrived a few weeks ago. Working on post Utube video and parts files.