PDA

View Full Version : Edge profiles

erniek
06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Has anyone been able to use the edge profile feature of ecabinets and cut it out with the link on a shop bot?

2006prt
06-27-2013, 09:19 AM
I have not been able to do that either. I have never been able to get drawer and door parts to nest and machine either. I'm not sure if it is a limitation of the software. I do know that the molding cutting is not available for us.

erniek
06-29-2013, 10:42 AM
I have been able to cut slab doors with or without edgebanding and also drawer box parts. Haven't tried the dovetail joints though.

toolman1953
07-05-2013, 06:05 PM
We run ecabinets at work on our Thermwood machines. I have just purchased a used shopbot and i do not have it up and running. When i am making a door i just take a cabinet in the standard file and delete all the parts but the back of the cabinet . I allways make my doors out of the back. The machine will not do an outside profile on the thermwood unless it has an inside profile design. When the door is drawn even though you do not want an inside profile set the numbers to -0.001 and the machine goes to a point and just makes a dot, it thinks it is cutting an inside profile. Then it will cut the outside profile. I do not know if the Shopbot will do the same thing untill i get the one that i have up and running. I hope this will help.