PDA

View Full Version : waste wood

genek
06-17-2013, 01:31 PM
I WAS MAKING CRUDITIES THIS MORNING. THEY ARE MADE OUT OF WASTE WOOD FROM OTHER PRODUCTION RUNS. I started thinking about my friends cabinet shop in Lexington Ky. a few years back he had called to see if I wanted his waste wood. I dropped by that week and when he showed me his left over wood pile, I almost fainted.. he had more wood there than I could store. It was short or thin Pieces of wood 3 foot to 16 foot, and he had two ware houses full. He explained that they put the good wood back and was hoping to use it for other jobs and over time it build up to the point he had no more room.. we talked and now his waste wood is used to make other things and cut into craft sizes. what he now sales as craft wood, and what they make now pays for the wood.

Evaluate your waste, can it be used to make other things. can I resale it.

I have waste, I could burn it or send it to the land fill, however that is wasting good wood that others might be able to use. the only thing that goes out to our burn pile is saw dust, and some plywood chips etc. I have several jewelry people that come buy and get 5.00 boxes of scrap wood, I have people that make intarsia products that require small pieces of wood. (buy the way these are easy to make on a cnc...) I used to ship a intarsia products to Texas, (knot hole gang, eagle etc.) If I can get customers hundreds of miles away, you can... put your shop bot to work.