PDA

View Full Version : growing passes

twelchPTM
06-18-2013, 04:06 PM
I am cutting out 4'x4' foam squares at 1.5" thick, 1/4 o-flute at 1 ips.
It appears as if each pass is ever so slightly larger then the previous pass. I would think something on the machine was out of wack but it is visible on all four sides of the square... any ideas?

twelchPTM
06-18-2013, 07:58 PM
okay, so i figured out that my YZ car is out of wack. I am pretty sure I know what did it and which way I need to move it. I have read up on "tramming" and when I get home I am going to raid my father in laws machinists tools because the man had every king of dial gauging contraption strarett ever put out. Problem is other then the two bottom rollers I can't see anywhere to make adjustments from that wouldn't require taking the whole car off the gantry! any tips welcome

twelchPTM
06-18-2013, 08:56 PM
just found a loose y-roller and the 4 bolts that hold the router mount, running now to check my "adjustments". I fear I may need to use "The Persuader"....

twelchPTM
06-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Thank you all for reading, but it appears as though I got it right. I guess The Persuader will have to stay in his drawer. While I was able to figure it out my self this time perhaps this will help someone in the future...

kurt_rose
06-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Nothing like talking to yourself Thomas. LOL! I guess the site has been a little lite on traffic latly. Must be the time of the year. Glad you healed the bot. Where u at in Philly?

twelchPTM
06-19-2013, 01:31 PM
At the Please Touch Museum in Fairmount Park. The bot is not quite perfect yet, but I'm getting it there.