PDA

View Full Version : font spacing

twelchPTM
06-21-2013, 02:42 PM
does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the spacing of a font? I have a sign and the font is perfect but the letters are just a pinch to close. I can convert to curves and then nudge each letter but that will take forever. Is there a quick way to set spacing?

Kyle Stapleton
06-21-2013, 02:54 PM
space bar?

srwtlc
06-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Try the 'Edit Text Spacing and Curve' tool. Place the cursor between letters and click to narrow the spacing (kerning) and Shift-click to widen the spacing. Click and drag up/down for curving the text.

twelchPTM
06-21-2013, 03:17 PM
@Kyle - Thanks you, you truely are a master of the obvious
@srwtlc - Thank you, I was unaware of that tool

I was looking for some sort of control similar to the vlxe we use for our viynl cutter, It has setting for height,width and spacing of any font. but the tool you pointed out still makes it easier then going nudge crazy!

gpinard
06-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi, I am new and have been watching the Vertic tutorials http://support.vectric.com/tut-vcp-2d-core This exact issue came up about 3 or 4 tutorials ago. Quickly looking at the listing of lessons, I think it was in the CO1 rocket nameplate or the CO4 5 star coffee. there is a way to open up the spacing between letters just a little, well short of intruducing a keyboard "space". I had the same issue on my first or second little sign, the letters were just close enough that V-carving didn't look right. Hope this helps