PDA

View Full Version : Run two Sbots from one puter?

GeneMpls
07-03-2013, 09:21 AM
I have a SB Buddy that I need to keep working while I set up a SB 4x4 that
I just bought. When I hook up to the 4x4 it thinks it is still on the 24x32 of
course. Is there an easy way to be able to run both until the 4x4 is set up?
They are both early PRSs and I am on SB3.6.38 BTW. Thanks Gene

srwtlc
07-03-2013, 11:57 AM
You can save the configuration for the 24x32 with 'US' (Utilities/Save current configuration), and name it accordingly. Then do a 'UR' to reset and choose the proper config file for the 48x48 and when you have it set up as desired, do a 'US' for that configuration also. After doing that, you can load either of the config files just as you would any other part file. You could even set them up as a custom cut # to run from the 'Cuts' menu.

If you don't run with any custom settings (anything tweaked different than the factory setup for ramps, speeds, etc.), then you could just do a 'UR' each time and choose the appropriate config file.

Of course, at some point, you'll need to set up a PC for each machine only, as you can't run two at the same time.

GeneMpls
07-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks Scott- just what I was looking for. This is a temporary situation-
I will sell the Buddy when I have the new one up to speed.

twelchPTM
07-03-2013, 10:23 PM
although this is pure speculation, I have seen PC's set up to run two operating systems simultaneously and independently each displaying on its own monitor from its own video card. There is only one keyboard and mouse and a shortcut key switches the dominate os. so therefore if you have a superuser rig for a pc you could run two bots independently from one PC

myxpykalix
07-04-2013, 04:30 PM
If you are talking about running them at the same time, i think that is a disaster waiting to happen:(

GeneMpls
07-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Thank you gents. I am not running them together- I just want to to have the option of running the Buddy and to be able to run the 4x4 to set
it up. At that point I will sell the buddy. Gene

jerry_stanek
07-05-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm thinking that you would have to have 2 versions of SB on the computer as each one would have different settings for each table.