PDA

View Full Version : Motorhome cabinet door

terryjones
07-09-2013, 11:20 PM
My friends in West Monroe, LA wanted a cabinet door customized for their motorhome. The original door had black plexi in the center. Created a raised panel from soft maple and this is what they asked for a design. 60 degree V bit for the entire carving at different depths. Then a 1" box core bit for the raised panel cove. Clear coat with a satin polyurethane.

myxpykalix
07-10-2013, 02:10 AM
Is your friends name Willie?:rolleyes: I don't think Phil is used to fancy "digs" :D

But i'm sure when your friend saw that, it made him Happy, Happy, Happy:D

nice job...

terryjones
07-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Funny you should mention that. My friends are friends of the Robertson clan. My brother-in law grew up in Ida, La. Kay's maiden name is Caraway. Her parents owned the general store in Ida.

myxpykalix
07-11-2013, 04:27 AM
Oh man, too bad you couldn't get me an autographed picture of the guys...I have my physical therapist who loves the show and that would be something i could really impress her with!:D
She got me to start watching the show and although it feels a little staged (I worked in movies and television for 20+ years) I really like it because it's not full of filthy language and fighting.
I've even started working on my duck dynasty beard...only it looks more like Si or Phil with the grey in it!:eek:

Bob Eustace
07-11-2013, 06:12 AM
Nice work Terry. Interesting that you are following on from what Joe Crumely was saying about 3D is vastly overatted and we aybe should focus on 2.5D. Reckon there is a huge untapped market out there for tricking up motorhomes. The owners are just about all retired and have mre disposable income.

chiloquinruss
07-11-2013, 12:11 PM
"Reckon there is a huge untapped market out there for tricking up motorhomes" This could be a good use for the upcoming HandiBot! Take the cnc machine on your next outing and make a little money while on the road and staying in rv parks! Russ

Bob Eustace
07-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Brilliant idea Russ! I cant wait for the Handibot to come to Australia - they wont send it at the moment - bugga! There are over 700,000 motorhomers in the FMCA club in the USA, 25,000 in NZ and 75,000 in Australia.

terryjones
07-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Wow, I think we have lit a fire to a new trail. I have done a few religious lithophanes and sold them to other RV'ers for their windows.

Bob Eustace
07-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Terry I have done a lot of LED light surrounds for caravanners and motorhomers. Big market out here for these as retrofits. Power consumption is very important to RVers. The Handibot will answer all our prayers. Only have a Buddy but community group want a 3 1/2 metre solid cypress pine sign with 3D stuff on board. Sign is a bigger version of the six footer pictured but more complicated. Sorry the pic is upside down - on the iPad and 4g so who knows!

terryjones
07-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Bob,
Very nice sign, great colors. I currently have LED light bulbs in my wall sconces through out my RV. Variety of different types, some brighter than others. I really like them as they do not produce heat.

myxpykalix
07-12-2013, 09:46 PM
I like the idea of taking the bot to the work as opposed to the work to the bot...

However...a phenomenon that has happened to me on more then one occasion is something you need to consider...A few times i have cut things for some people or done some other kind of work that might take 30 minutes or an hour and you charge them $50.00 and you get..."it only took you 30 minutes to do why should i pay so much for 30 minutes work?"

I have also done the same thing cutting something for 30 minutes and told them to come back in 4 hours (charging the same amount)...and not a word...:eek:

I guess you could print this on your business cards..."Have Bot will travel...":D

Or if you get hard up for a meal stand outside with a sign..."Will Bot for food"..