PDA

View Full Version : Cutting on a line

GlenP
07-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi All. I am cutting a "on" profile on a 4x8 sheet of material and want to have the cnc cut the second pass from the end where the last pass finished. I tried to search this but no results. I think I was having trouble with wording for the search tool. Ideas? I have a lift of material to cut so I figure if I can do this it will speed up cutting vs the machine coming back to start point to start the second pass.

khaos
07-16-2013, 04:40 PM
You can use a zero width rectangle. Use CR with true so its 'on' your line. If it wont let you do a CR with a 0 use 0.000001

Hope this makes sense.

steve_g
07-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Glen...
If I understand your question... You should be able to Choose your vector order and be sure that the start point is where you want to take up from. you may have to also choose to use start points.

If this isn't clear let me know and I'll add some screen captures to help clarify...

SG

GlenP
07-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Sorry if I was unclear on my description...heat getting to me today. I got it to work as I want by using the start point but had to create 2 toolpaths so it would start the first at one end of the line and then start the second toolpath at the other. I am going back out to shop and will see about posting pics.

Thanks,

Brady Watson
07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Glen - You got it. That's just what you need to do. Copy & paste your single stroke vector onto another layer. Go to the end point and change it to a start point (Node edit, then P). Create one toolpath at the first stepdown depth with the first vector. Then, select the 2nd vector with opposite start point for your 2nd pass. Change start depths as needed. If you need a 3rd pass, just select the 1st vector again and set the depths accordingly.

-B