PDA

View Full Version : Source for Architectural Vector Graphics

johnm
08-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Hello All -

Well, until Project Wizard is running 5x5, I am wondering if anyone knows of sources (if they exist) for architectural vector graphics for Mission, Art Deco, Victorian and Craftsman style homes. 2D is okay, 3D would be a treat. I've done googling, and get a zillion hits, but it's all just "close"... and no See-Gar...

I've seen some Dover "clip art" style books with plans and details, but would prefer to save a step (or 7) and not have the wif get all tied up in vector-bustin' if we can avoid it.

Thanks in advance!

John

mrdovey
08-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Hi John...

I have a similar interest - with the addition of "Streamline Modern" style homes. I haven't yet found what what you're looking for; but will let you know as if/when I find anything you might find interesting.

...Morris

rookie432
08-15-2005, 08:41 AM
John,

What exactly are you looking for? Architectural features? Or furniture pieces? Just curious because we will have some pieces up on project wizart soon as well as on our website. Hope to have 50 or so to start with many to add as we go along. If there is a need we will add this style of art to our collection for you.

Bill

P.s. James booth has also been working with the vector art folks to convert some of their work to 3d reliefs.

jkforney
08-15-2005, 09:16 AM
By the way, at this time, both James and Bill will be showing their wares at the Mid West Camp ShopBot. Hopefully we will be cutting a file from one or both.

For the "truth in formum" crowd, I am a lazy partner with Bill Jarvis.

John Forney

johnm
08-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Bill, et al -

I am looking for architectural features, corbels, spandrels, surface detailing - Victorian is the primary need, for now, am pushing hard for a huge job providing trim for a new development.

I appreciate any leads and ideas...

John

hespj
08-15-2005, 12:41 PM
John, I was very interested in this - http://www.artrecon.com/ - some time ago, I don't know if it's what you're looking for - it's classical architectural details in dxf format. I emailed them a couple of times asking for a sample dxf but never got a reply. A dxf (or any other 3D file) which is good enough for a rendering might not be good enough for modelling. Anybody tried or seen this? I'd certainly buy it if it was detailed enough.

http://www.artrecon.com/

Brady Watson
08-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Yes,
They are very good for classical era carvings...however, the full set is very expensive to buy. I believe that TurboSquid sells individual ones if you need a certain design from the collection.

-Brady