View Full Version : New color coding for proximity switch wires?

byoc
06-13-2007, 08:53 PM
The new proximity switches have blue, black, and brown. Anybody got a set of these yet? Where do they go or how do they equate to the old color scheme?

bill_l
06-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Keith,

Go to the ShopBot web site and select "Support" from the menu across the top of the main screen. Then select "Tech Posts and Messages" from the menu across the left side of the screen. There you should find an updated diagram on the hook up.

Bill

byoc
06-13-2007, 11:51 PM
thanks, Bill. Well....that sorta helps. The switches are lit up now and the 2 and 3 input lights are lit. But the x/y zeroing function doesn't work. It thinks it's already hittint the proximity switches.

richards
06-14-2007, 06:13 AM
The VN command in version 3.5.3 software lets you select between Normally Open proximity switches and Normally Closed proximity switches. I believe the PRS machines use Normally Closed proximity switches.

bill_l
06-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Keith,

Mike is right. Use the VN command (or menu) and using the drop down menu, set both switches 2 and 3 to Normally Closed.

Bill

byoc
06-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Well, now that I have the proper software, it works. But the sensors are extremely sensitive. They trip all the time.

bill_l
06-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Keith,

Do you have a spindle? If so it is probably the electrical noise. There are numerous ways to try to correct it. Call SB and speak to either Frank or Scott for some solutions.

I never could get one of mine to work right so I normally run the machine with them off except to home the X/Y. Instead I use the software checking function to prevent overstepping the table limits and this works fine.

Bill