PDA

View Full Version : Cabinets

rayman
07-25-2013, 08:06 PM
I've had my Buddy 48 PRS since 2007. I am a professional woodworker. I am posting this just to show you what you can do with your Buddy and your software.
I recently finished these cabinets. They were designed using Aspire 4.0.The cabinets were drawn using the 2/2.5 and 3D modeling and machining design. If you have any knowledge of cabinet building, drawing the parts is easy. The crown mldg,and the bun feet were modeled in aspire and cut on the Buddy. the top crown was a model I got from aspire and profiled on the Buddy. The cabriole legs on the small cabinet were purchased from Lowes could not pass it up paid $1 for each one lol.... The cabinet doors were cut out on my route table with rail and stile bits, but created in Aspire. I use a 8' power stick when I build a cabinet but remove it for all other projects. So hope this will inspire you and good luck.:D

shilala
07-25-2013, 09:19 PM
WOW!!! :)
I absolutely LOVE that cabinet with the cabriole legs. I've already imagined it with the drawers behind a set of doors, all sealed up nice for a humidor. It's such a timeless and exquisite design, and the color of the wood is perfect for the piece. I'm guessing it's Ash? Soft Maple? It's too hard for me to tell.

As I was reading I thought "how did he make those legs on the shopbot?" Then you answered me, you didn't. You're a Lowe's cheater. lol
I'll need to find a source for Cabriole legs, or design them in Aspire in two halves and glue them up. I really am in love with the small cabinet, I won't be happy until I've made one.

Thanks for sharing!!! :)

rayman
07-26-2013, 08:54 AM
I was going to make the cabriole legs, I have the model. I was looking for a dowel rod at Lowes one day and walked by where they have all their wood appliq. and saw one dollar on the legs and could not pass it up. I made my wife a jewelers chest, has 10 drawers and is about 4 feet tall, she uses it for all her paint brushes and small things anyway my sister in law loves it but wanted something she could put in her guess room to put small personal items in when someone visits and I came up with this from that chest. I got a lot of oooo's and ahhhhh's from eveyone they really liked that one. Thanks for the kind post. :) Sorry it is Pine......She wants to finish it, so it is unfinished...

JoeinWestMich
07-26-2013, 01:34 PM
You certainly impressed me!!! Great job.

gene
07-29-2013, 10:42 AM
What parts were cut on the buddy?

rayman
07-29-2013, 07:42 PM
All the parts on the China cabinet were cut out on the Buddy, the upper/lower door stiles and rails and door panels were cut to size on the Buddy and profiled on my router table with a rail and stile cutter, the top crown (got the model from Vectric,) was cut on the buddy, the crown moulding and bun feet were modeled in Aspire and profiled on the Buddy, everything on the small cabinet drawer fronts, drawer sides, drawer bottoms was cut on the buddy except the cabriole legs, I bought them at Lowes for a dollar a piece, I have a model for the cabriole legs but chose to go with the ones from Lowes just to get finished with project faster......:eek::eek::eek:

Bob Eustace
07-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Absolutely beautifull work Raymond! You are an inspiration.

Simops
07-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Great work Ray.....
I gather you use the 10foot powerstick (8' working length) with supports....are they the SB supports or your own and are the supports rigid enough to give you the required accuracy over the 8 foot length with the deck moving over that distance?

Cheers

rayman
07-30-2013, 08:44 AM
Mike, I use the 10' power stick with the roller support from Shopbot but I also have a roller support I built that is directly under the stick, I can see no flex at all on the top, seems to travel straight and works very well and I use a sheet of 3/4" birch plywood for the table top, I have had no problems with it. I am not in the cabinet making business so I have no need for speed, I usually cut around 2" a sec whether I am using the stick or not. The small cabinet was cut out using the 2x4 table top no need for the 8' pwr stick. The only real problem, that stick is heavy..:eek:

rayman
07-30-2013, 11:04 AM
So that all of you know, I have no affiliation with ShopBot, I have never been to N Carolina, I did this on my own just trying to show some of the things you can accomplish using the Buddy. Potential customers have come to my house and I demonstrated it to them and that is all. My only contact with them is via phone call for help.

Raymond :rolleyes: