PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from PC to HSD

jsfrost
09-02-2007, 07:13 PM
The install manual has a few holes, and I have questions:

I got heavier springs from SB as part of my upgrade, but the spindle still drops to the table. Should I be using both old and new springs?

The HSD spindle has an attached aluminum plate, but my bolts bottom out. There is literature suggesting an adaptor. Is this a separtate part I should have?

For the present, I have made what looks like a satisfactory attachment using a 5 washer stack to shorten my bolts. Any reashn why that should not work for the short term.

This was a two part upgrade, and the other half, new X and Y motors really improved the cut. Can't wait to evaluate the entire package. Maybe tomorrow.

phil_o
09-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Call tech support. They will help you out.

beacon14
09-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Jim, I'm drooling - I've ordered the same two upgrades and am waiting for them to arrive - then I'll have to wait some more until I have time to make the changes - please do report on your results.

ron_moorehead
09-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Jim,

I just finished my upgrade with new 7.2 motors and new 2.2 hp spindle. Shopbot installed the wrong aluminum plate and did not send any new mounting bolts. I called them and at first they said they only hand one mounting plate, but after telling them that the holes did not line up they said we do have another mounting plate, they shiped it out over night with new bolts. My spindle will also drop unless I have the control box turned on and power to the drive motors.

It's a great upgrade.