PDA

View Full Version : Ann Arbor,MI Camp Shopbot !

billp
08-03-2013, 03:05 PM
We will be returning to the Maker Works in Ann Arbor on Sat. Sept. 28th for another Camp.
They are located at;
3765 Plaza drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
734-222-4911
And their web page is- http://maker-works.com/wordpress/
Maker Works has a great facility which enables people to become members in their community, and get access and training on a wide variety of tools, including a 48"by 96"Shopbot PRS.
Camp hours will be the usual,
8-9 coffee/doughnuts/meet/greet/eat
9-Noon AM sessions
Noon-1 Lunch
1-4 PM sessions
Last year's Camp had over 50 people attending, and we had some great "Show and Tell" projects on hand. We hope more of you will bring in some of your work this year as well.
There is NO charge to attend the Camp, but we DO ask you to contact us in advance if you plan to attend so we'll be able to have enough supplies, and food on hand for everyone. You can do that by dropping me an e-mail at- campshopbot@gmail.com
If any of you have suggestions for topics you'd like us to cover, or would like to do a presentation on a specific topic, use the same address to contact us.

don_roy
08-29-2013, 02:17 PM
I will be going the Ann Arbor camp September 28th.
Any one willing to pool. I live in western Michigan Around Grand Haven and willing to drive From here to Ann Arbor. Please no detours.

Let me know through Private messages on the forum.
Donald Roy

billp
09-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Randy Johnson, and Bill Young are going to be bringing a Handibot with them
for those of you who'd like to see one operate.

You still have time to make something to bring along for the "Show and Tell" session too.
Please remember to drop us a note if you are panning to attend, it makes our planning much easier. Thanks!

jerry_stanek
09-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Will there be the 3d printer add on here to see

billp
09-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Jerry,
I'm not sure, but I'll contact Randy and Bill to see if it will, then I'll report back...

billp
09-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Jerry,
It doesn't sound as though they'll have the 3D printer head with them, but Bill Young should be able to give you some info about it.

rtfosmoe
08-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Bill,

Are you going to have a Shopbot Camp this year in A.A. ?

Rich

Camp ShopBot
08-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Yes, we just announced the 4th annual Michigan Camp ShopBot to be held on Saturday, Sept. 27 at TechShop Detroit

Please don't confuse this post from 2013 with the most current 2014 Camp.

Please see 2014 Michigan Camp thread post here-- http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20124