View Full Version : How level is level enough?

dogfuel
04-15-2004, 08:42 PM
My new, used PRT is about as level as it can be with a 48" contractors level but not perfectly so.

Would I be wise to purchase a digital/laser level to get a bit closer to perfect? I've seen posts about casters and trailer jacks for mobility - to me, this implies that a "perfectly" level table is not critical for decent accuracy/precision in cutting (My primary application does not require the extremes many are after, though better is better)?

Does flattening the table take care of this?

I've seen reference to table flattening compensating for or correcting unlevelness but this does not logicaly make sense (at least in my limited comprehension) as they appear to hit two differentr issues - one related to alignment and one related to cut depth.

Thanks in advance for humoring a newbee and thans to all those who have offered other help.

J

ron brown
04-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Joe,

When you flatten the table you will register tha tool and the table to the same reference. Few folks will be able tell the difference. As you learn more about the tool, you will learn more about how to "tune it".

Good Luck,

Ron

gerald_d
04-16-2004, 02:37 AM
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/7/3243.html

You don't need electronic or laser equipment.