PDA

View Full Version : Monument for a Veteran

kurt_rose
08-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi people. I'm kind of in a bit of a quandary and thought where would be a better place to get some ideas then my favorite place. I was approached by a friend with the request to make a monument for a deceased friend who's family doesn't have the funds to buy him one. She asked if I could make a cross for the grave site to honor this past Marine to replace a simple rock they have there now to mark the site. Has anyone done anything like this or have any ideas? I just want to make sure it's done tastefully and correctly and last till something permanent and be achieved. I think I would like to do more then just a cross made from wood and with the Bot and the help from this community I think I could achieve something special. Thanks for reading.

zeykr
08-23-2013, 08:37 AM
A vcarved marble tile would last quite a while in the elements if attached to something sturdy to support it. Maybe grouted to a nice paving stone or something?

zeykr
08-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Here's a pic of one:

genek
08-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Kurt: if he is a veteran he is entitled to a free head or foot stone. Send me a e-mail to me will help the family get him a free stone. Kurt I also do 12 x12 marble stones for veterans that can be placed outside. All I charge is for the Material and shipping I do this with a laser.
my e-mail is eking1953@yahoo.com

kurt_rose
08-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks Ken and Eugene. They are coming over today and I will run everything by them. Eugene, you'll be hearing from me shortly I'm sure. Thanks again.

genek
08-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks Ken and Eugene. They are coming over today and I will run everything by them. Eugene, you'll be hearing from me shortly I'm sure. Thanks again.
Kurt no problem. I do everything that I can for our veterans. I can put the Marine logo on the granite tile with his name dates etc. I work with a local man that is making stones for graves in our area that do not have markers.

he pours the pad to glue the granite to. We are doing this at cost for the families locally.

Tina and I support our troops and we sponsor a wounded warrior fishing tournament each year and have been doing this for five years.

Our troops deserve better than what they get.
thanks is not needed for my help..