PDA

View Full Version : Wine bottle glass holder

jhedlund58
09-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Here is an easy one. Small enough to bubble pack and easy to ship as gifts or sale. These are the first two and my v-carve is too deep. I am starting xmas gifts and am making these for family and friends with names and wedding dates. My wife and I don't drink, but we probably should!!

dlcw
09-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Very nice! Simple and VERY functional and it looks good. Great job.

genek
09-18-2013, 03:44 PM
very nice you can do that as a 4 glass holder also. I make three style of wine glass holder. one holds 2 another 4 and another one holds 6.. bad part about those is they tip when one glass is removed.

jhedlund58
09-18-2013, 04:07 PM
From what I understand, once the glasses are moved the bottle is suppose to be emptied.... all bets off after that..!!!

genek
09-18-2013, 04:21 PM
you are totally correct. lol I did not mean any thing bad, just a hint to tell user's to remove both glasses or one will fall off.

Had a customer Get bent out of shape over one. One of his customers took one glass off and did not hold the other fell and it broke. Be sure to tell customers that you have to take both or all off at the same time, or the others fall. I do not normally drink, but I do partake of some wine from time to time. Mostly at fancy dinners.

jhedlund58
09-18-2013, 04:51 PM
empty bottle one glass.... sounds to me u had bad case of 'user error'... hey... it happens

chiloquinruss
09-18-2013, 05:14 PM
How do you get the brown paper bag to go though the hole? :D I guess I am used to a different kinda wine maybe! :eek: Russ

genek
09-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Russ The Ripple, Anna Green spring Plumb Hollow, and Mad dog necks will not fit. lol... . lol Drank several bottles of plumb hollow while I was stationed at Coronado Naval base ... lol... got me thru many a days..

jhedlund58
09-18-2013, 05:29 PM
y'all like the screw off cap..... nice of you to notice. glasses are crystall

genek
09-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Jeff what type of wine do they make in Illinois any wineries close to you..
if so would approach them and see if they would like to buy the glass holders from you.

genek
09-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Jeff I could not tell if the glass was crystal if I had it in my hand. Never owned any until I got married. lol... (actually still do not, It all
belongs to Tina.) I left KY in the 70's and did not get married again till 2009.. I have drank out of plastic, paper, some glass, metal and straight from the stream... so asking me if something is crystal is like asking a 2 year how old the moon is. when it comes to things of the finer nature I am as dumb as owl droppings.