PDA

View Full Version : User Preventative Maintenance

bluecollar
07-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Does anyone have details on routine prevenative maintenance that should be done on the shopbot (Buddy-32 in my case)? The response I got from tech support was way short of specifics (keep gears and pinions lubed).
The unit shipped with a tube of lithium grease, allen wrenches and a steel wrench, but no instructions on where/when to apply it (I acknowledge opening up for questionable "grease point" comments). I don't want to run into major maintenance issues by ignoring the PM's, but by the same token I don't want to screw up the tool by doing it incorrectly.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Brady Watson
07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Keep the racks & pinions wet with grease. If your racks (XY AND Z) are dry, I'll put money on your pinions being worn, degrading cut quality. They are only about $15 or so ea...so order up new ones if need be. Make sure grub screws are tight enough to bend the 1/8" allen key when you tighten them or they will loosen.

Keep the rails & v-rollers clear & clean of debris.

Adjust v-rollers using the eccentric nuts to keep light tension on the rails. Do not over-tighten.

-B

rb99
07-15-2009, 03:07 PM
I bought a ratchet allen key that is really well made, can tighten them better than with an allen key alone.

RIB