PDA

View Full Version : Move to a new computer

rtpsigns
11-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Hello All,
I'm replacing my computer. Is there any way I could copy/export the parameters files/settings (Control Software) from the old computer to the new computer so that I don't have to go thru the setting again ? Also, Is there the same in Part Wizard to copy the bits info/database ?

Thanks,
Marwan
RTP Signs
Durham, NC.

paco
11-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi Marwan!

Good thinking; preventive approach.

You need the following files to restore your current controller PC settings.

shopbot.ini - C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot 3\

problem.Log (optional) - C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot 3\

sbsys.log - C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot 3\Bin\

All that folder tree - C:\SbParts\

And any other files that you believe you may need later. In fact, it could be a good time to make a system backup with Windows utility and you'll be able to recover those files later if you need them.

Your PartWizard tool database is named 'tool_database.tdb' and it should be in the '\Exec\' folder of PartWizard program files folder... I believe it's in the Shopbot folder (C:\Program Files\ShopBot). I don't use PartWizard anymore but a search with 'tool_database.tdb' should found it quick.

Hope that help.

rtpsigns
11-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Paco and All,
All I could say THANK YOU, This is a great company and great support. I ask my question and go to bed, I checked when I wake-up and the great answer I want it is there.
Thanks Paco, you would not beleive the time you saved me. I'm sure my next upgrade router will be from Shopbot also.

Thanks,
Marwan Samara
RTP Signs & Graphics
Durham, NC.