PDA

View Full Version : Error message

Tom Bachman
10-30-2013, 10:45 AM
We just got our new V-carve Pro software (ShopBot edition) and I installed the software on my computer. I created a sign to which I had only one toolpath and saved it to my jump drive.

When we went out to run the file we had an error in line 16 (?) command not supported (CN) ignoring. Click on OK and get the same message again. Click OK the third time and gives the message Part file error, File not found.

The Control software has not been updated, still running the original BT32 3.5.18 Could this be our problem?

jerry_stanek
10-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Does that version support the speed control and on off of the router.

adrianm
10-30-2013, 10:57 AM
You'll need to update the control software to at least 3.6 I think or use the Post Processor from the previous version of PartWorks or edit the existing one to suit your needs.

The latest Post Processors are setup with tool changing commands that I don't think were in the earlier versions of the control software.

Tom Bachman
10-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Thank you for so quickly responding.

Jerry, I believe it does. We have a Porter Cable router (7518) motor and not a spindle, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Adrianm, a question from a newbee, the only Post Processor listed is ShopBot TC (inch) or (mm). How can I use a different one? Like from my old version of Partworks. Or can I even do this?

A week or so ago, we tried to update the control software, but afterwards, all I could get the machine to do was "click". A switch inside the control box would click once but that is all I could get out of it. At the time someone said I needed to upgrade the firmware and I couldn't figure out how to do that. I have since seen in one of the menus an Upgrade firmware option (I don't remember where exactly).

We have re-created the file in Partworks. And it runs fine.

adrianm
10-30-2013, 12:15 PM
You would need to copy it from the PostP folder in the old version to the equivalent in the new version. Click Open Application Data Folder on the file menu to find the location in the new version.

Where it is in the old version depends on how old it is. Most likely it will be in the installation folder for that version of PartWorks.

There should be a copy of the older Post Processors in the c:\sbparts\PartWorksPosts folder on your control PC as well.

Tom Bachman
10-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Got things working. Got a second computer and loaded all the new software on it. It took a while to get things up and running, but we got it. Thanks to all for the help.

We got the PostP files copied to the new version as well. The new control software looks way different too.