PDA

View Full Version : Rotary indexing head

jhedlund58
11-05-2013, 10:00 AM
(#15149) 3” Rotary Indexing Head for Buddy (V4g system); PRICE 1,275

Does any one have a picture of this installed on a buddy. I did not see one on shopbottools web site. mine is a Bts48 standard basic setup. 2' powerstick and table sides have not been extended. Is this product all that is needed to set-up?

thanks

jhedlund58
11-09-2013, 03:57 PM
I must have posted this on wrong forum.... guess I call corporate on Monday... for 1300 bones... and if it not too hard to get set up... I gotta have one. my fear is that there will be either indexer or sheet goods set up. if I have to change set-up between functions, may be a problem for my little shop.

Simops
11-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Jeff, I would be interested in what you find out.......!!

Cheers

dana_swift
11-10-2013, 09:56 AM
I use a 6" indexer on my BT-32. I mounted the indexer to the 4' powerstick, then I can switch from indexer to sheet by just switching tables.

The indexer mounts directly to the T slots in the powerstick so you get some extra Z without the spoilboard sandwich. That is about an extra 1.5" Z which the indexer really needs.

I also sometimes mount my indexer to my bandsaw table, which opens up a whole new set of possible applications. This is where I use the indexer for tap and die operations. Not too far in the future, I intend to set up the indexer as a winch to act as a power feeder for the bandsaw. The winch drum will chuck up into the indexer jaws, so it doesn't monopolize the value of the indexer. Just passing along some other application ideas...

I have found the indexer to be handy for more than just indexing. Like most things shopbot its usefulness exceeds its original design intent.

D