PDA

View Full Version : post processor question

elcar903
11-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Hello I have a Shopbot Buddy Standard and I was wondering which post processor I should be using for it in Vcarve? it list several for it on the list but I am unsure of which one is right for it.

thanks
Adam

adrianm
11-21-2013, 03:01 PM
I'd use "Shopbot(inch)(Toolchange)w/speed(*.sbp)" as that supports the manual tool changing routines that allow you to save multiple tools to one file and appears to be the nearest to the latest ones.

The latest ShopBot Post Processors are always available in the c:\sbparts\partworksposts folder. You would need to copy the one you want (inch or mm) to the VCarve PostP folder to use it though.

elcar903
11-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Thank you very much for the help.

Brady Watson
11-21-2013, 09:08 PM
In case you need it:

ShopBot Indexer Y Post Processor for Vectric (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132028&postcount=29)

-B

SteveR
02-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Hello Brady..

Hope you can help me, I am searching for the ArtCam Post processor for an indexer mounted in the "Y" direction. Computer crash has left me without that post.

I have ArtCam 7.000r version if that is an issue.

Thanks..I appreciate your time

Steve R

bleeth
02-05-2015, 12:12 PM
In the c:/sbparts file on your computer try the one in partwizardposts for indexer in y as Part Wizard is an Artcam file.

SteveR
02-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks Dave...Had my machine since 2002 and at one time I knew that info. Old timers and a failure to backup my data left me at a loss. I have the post on a flash drive and will try to keep it safe.

Thanks again..I appreciate your efforts.

On another note..I bought one of Dirks Botrod boards several years back which has given me very good service until the last few times I booted up my machine. The issue I see is that the Shopbot software won't connect until I move the cabling around on the connection to the controller. Have you had this issue,? as I remember you bought one of those controllers also.

bleeth
02-06-2015, 06:35 AM
Thanks for your thanks! Been getting a bit old timers myself lately!

Yes I did, but it has been stored for a while now as I bought an Alpha controller and motors last year. Having to "shake" a cable on anything usually means a loose connection or short in it. Trouble is the missing connection could be somewhere else and is just getting moved by shaking the cable! That's a VGA connector at the controller, isn't it? The actual receptacle port on the board used is not the greatest as I recall and may bear replacing, or at least a good cleaning and a little contact grease.

cowboy1296
02-06-2015, 08:25 AM
I have a shopbot buddy with a router and no tool changer. this is the post processor that i have been told to use and i have been using it successfully for a few years now.

Brady Watson
02-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Steve,
See attached. Let me know if these work for you. I didn't look over them...I just grabbed them and zipped them up.

-B