PDA

View Full Version : ZZero routine issues and units

NSC3d
11-23-2013, 01:38 PM
I emailed sb support a week ago and nothing back.
I've talked to frank numerous times and he's not sure, it would seem, what to try next.
This machine was setup in imperial from the previous owner-seems like I cant wipe the previous settings.

When I run the zzero routine the Z does not return to correct position control says its at 65mm but its only like 15mm of the table.
The machine cuts in all metric units very well but I get a change of units error when I run the ZZero routine. Not running anything else.
It says the units you used in setup are different and it needs to change units.
I have run the setup several times and units match mm and I have downloaded the firmware and the blue bar loads.

I have an older PRT Alpha.
I am using SB3 Version 3.6.46
Control Box firmware 140
I am working in metric units and the files are setup to equal 1 I think this is metric?

'Make sure that the units are those used with the Set-Up Program and expected by my_variables.sbc
&SCALE = 1 'set default scaling
If &my_units <> %(25) Then GoSub CHANGEUNITS

Measuring off the machine bed is a PITA to get the 0. I would love to use the Zplate to zero.

Can anyone help?

Ryan P
11-23-2013, 02:28 PM
I few things to check. Open the Myvariables .sbc file located here C:\SbParts\Custom. Look for the variable &my_units this should be equal to a 1 if you are using metric. Also look for the plate thickness variable &my_ZzeroThickness this should be somewhere around 3. Not sure why you have not heard back from support? if the above does not help please give us a call

NSC3d
11-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Boom goes the dynamite!
Thank you so much.
i dint know to check that value in that file it was at 0. Changed to 1 and done.
Again thanks so much.