PDA

View Full Version : Sign Bracket Supplies

cbradshaw
02-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know where I can find ornamental sign parts to make sign brakcets like the attached. I have searched the internet over and over and cannot find a supplier for the aluminum parts. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carroll

Brady Watson
02-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Why not just cut your own out of AL sheet?

-B

cbradshaw
02-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Brady,

I am looking for the scroll the round pole and ball that the sign is hanging from. I agree if it was the blank I would cut it.

Carroll

rookie432
02-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Carroll,

Try this site.
http://www.anchorblanks.com/shop/catalog/default.php?cPath=34&osCsid=02ad15057ba8b302911fde fe64b60abe

Also research Letterheads for sign info and supplies. The best resource for everything sign related in the country.

http://www.letterhead.com/ubb/index.html

Hope this helps.

Bill

bcammack
02-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Hmmm. I see another potential revenue stream for a FlowJet waterjet cutter here. (no pun intended)

rg_engravers
02-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Carroll
The parts you need can be bought at most fence companies around here, or you can have them made at any welding company for pennies on the dollar.
You can even make them yourself.
Just buy a propane torch and place the strips in a vice and heat the spot where you want the bend or twist to be, use a crescent wrench to make the bends or twists.
To do the solder just use a wire clothes hanger.
This method would save you more then you think and the parts you need can be bought at home depot – lowes or and welding supply company.
My neighbor just seen your picture and said it would only take you about 15-30 minutes to make it yourself and use a metal paint to finish it.

Just another choice you have from buying them for $$$$$$

Ron Varela
R&G Engravers

john_t_humphrey
02-26-2007, 10:53 PM
you can find some items in king architechual metals and also texas metals both are suppliers of ornamental iron out of texas. the best thing to do is order a catalog from them there websites dont do them any justice for what all they carry.