PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Pittsburgh area Camp ShopBot: March 29

Camp ShopBot
02-11-2014, 06:27 PM
This year we are introducing a Pittsburgh area Camp ShopBot to be held on Saturday, March 29! Our host is TechShop Pittsburgh! They have two ShopBots, a Desktop and a 4x8 PRS alpha. If you have never been to a TechShop (http://techshop.ws/) before, you are in for a treat! They will be giving tours throughout the day.

Please register for this camp using our Google Form. This ensures that we have enough chairs and food for everyone and also lets you tell us which topics most interest you, such as 3-D carving or cutting different materials like aluminum/plastics or software-related questions.

Pittsburgh area Camp ShopBot (http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1180CnMs7nxeeBwbCapwVb28EYZqRhVK9EzrIBMJFq64/viewform)

Morning sign-in is from 8am-9am with coffee/doughnuts followed by a morning program 9am-noon, a break for lunch, and then afternoon program 1-4pm.

Everyone is encouraged to bring a project or two you created for the ever-popular Show and Tell session!

Drop us an email at Campshopbot at g mail dot com if you have any questions.

Camp ShopBot
03-05-2014, 03:46 PM
We have 60 people signed up for the Pittsburgh area Camp so far. Keep 'em coming! We'd love to fill up all of TechShop's chairs!:D

Camp ShopBot
03-24-2014, 02:01 PM
UPDATE:

RAFFLE! Anyone who brings a Show and Tell project with them will be automatically entered into a raffle to win some sweet ShopBot swag. Including the new Handibot tshirts.

Address: 192 Bakery Square, Pittsburgh PA 15206
Here is a Google Map of the location: http://goo.gl/maps/nO6SB
Parking: Plenty of space in the parking garages, which is $8 for 8+ hours.

There will be someone to greet you at TechShop's main entrance. We ask that you sign their liability waiver: This is required by anyone coming into their facilities, even if only getting a tour.

There are 80 people registered for the Camp! See you Saturday.

ChrisK
03-30-2014, 10:10 PM
In my very first camp at TechShiop-Pittsburgh, I took away at least three critical techniques that will truly save me hours of frustration and redundancy. My cnc lives in my basement, and I don't know anyone nearby (Charleston, WV) that does anything similar. We don't have the population to support a TechShop, and I'm not ready to quit my day job. I appreciate the web-based training tutorials -- again, without that resource I'd be overwhelmed. Now that I've attended a camp, I'm reminded of the extra benefits of in-person contact/ exchange of ideas and techniques. If a camp's within a ~3-hour drive, I'll be there. Thanks to all.

Chris

Howley
03-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Awesome!!!
The camp was great! Learned a lot from both the instructor and the people who attended! Hold one every year, I'm guaranteed to attend!

Thanks Shopbot, to provide this for free is just unbelieveable. Every person there would have gladly paid to attend!

Camp ShopBot
04-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Since this was our first Pittsburgh area Camp, it is great to hear such positive response. We hope to be back at TechShop Pittsburgh next year for a Camp. They were great hosts. In the meantime, we'll have registration open towards the end of August for our Ohio Camp to be held on Saturday, October 18 at Long Lake Campground. So hopefully we will see you there!

frank134
04-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Hi. I just wanted to say thank shopbot for the great camp and for the really good food they had for all of us. Me and my son learn a few good thing and we really enjoy our self. Just can't wait till you have another one here.

Thank again from Me and my son.
Frank