PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Gift From You To your Wife/Girlfriend

genek
02-13-2014, 12:05 PM
I know this is not a shop bot topic However our wives put up with the messy noise etc.

Go to your local grocery store get some melt-able dipping chocolate either white or dark chocolate, some large strawberries, and bamboo skewers .

wash the strawberries and pat dry. Melt the chocolate in the microwave as the instructions says. place the strawberries on the skewers, get you a large glass of ice water, (remove the ice before dipping) Dip the strawberries in the chocolate (keep rotating ) then dip the strawberry in the ice water to set the chocolate. then place in a glass to finish setting.
here is a picture of my father and law making some.
do this tonight after she has gone to bed and let her find them in the morning. warning may cause you to lose a day of work lol..

Kyle Stapleton
02-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Will be doing this tonight with my kids.

Thanks,

Bob Eustace
02-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Looks like hanky panky time to me Eugene! No work tonight!

gene
02-13-2014, 07:13 PM
BoB youre confusing me . Which one wife or girlfriend ? :eek: Just kidding :D

genek
02-13-2014, 08:38 PM
BoB youre confusing me . Which one wife or girlfriend ? :eek: Just kidding :D
gene you should have asked is for both your wife and girl friend. lol

genek
02-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Those of you that make this let me know how it went over with your wife or girl friend possible both.... My wife has gone plum crazy over this... My mother in law loved it also...

steve_g
02-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Gene…
Thanks for the Valentine gift idea…
My wife is the definition of “low maintenance”, she’s an educator and could care less about flowers or home décor. I usually send flowers because I don’t want her office to be the “one” without… I thought she might appreciate a Strawberries and Chocolate “bouquet” as they are two of her favorite things. She was pleased with her dozen… When she left for work, I asked if she was going to take her “bouquet”, she looked puzzled and said “They won’t last five minutes, I’ll enjoy them when I get home!”
SG

genek
02-14-2014, 10:02 AM
gene…
thanks for the valentine gift idea…
my wife is the definition of “low maintenance”, she’s an educator and could care less about flowers or home décor. I usually send flowers because i don’t want her office to be the “one” without… i thought she might appreciate a strawberries and chocolate “bouquet” as they are two of her favorite things. She was pleased with her dozen… when she left for work, i asked if she was going to take her “bouquet”, she looked puzzled and said “they won’t last five minutes, i’ll enjoy them when i get home!”
sg wow you went fancier than we did.. Glad that it was a hit for your wife... Little things like that goes a long way with the spouses and mother in laws. Thanks for letting me know that it went great.

Bob Eustace
02-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Just think that next year guys we will making super fancy versions on the Shopbot 3D printing attachment! The mind boggles!

gene
02-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Eugene K.
The next time you have an idea to post something like this DONT.
I thought that i could do this so i tried . My wife was due home in about an hour so i thought that would be plenty of time , I had stopped by the store and bought some strawberries , chocolate kisses and some green floral tape to wrap the sticks to make them look more like stems. I cut some small sticks and wrapped them while the kisses were in the microwave . I thought that i would go outside and get a few leaves off of a shrub to add to the stems for looks while the kisses melted . the next thing i know the alarm was going off and there was smoke coming out the back kitchen door . I run in to see flames coming out of the microwave . Luckily the fire department is only 3 miles from the house so by now the sirenes can be heard. Do you know that you cant melt chocolate kisses in the microwave ? They have a horendiously terrible smell when they catch on fire. Did i give up at this point NO. I thought that i would get a blow torch and melt more that way , after all i have seen a french dude use a small blow torch on things when they cook so i thought that would be my next best way to melt the chocolate kisses . It worked slightly better than the microwave , at least there was not as much smoke . I got them done just before the wife got home . All is well.

The way i look at it is :
Strawberries 4.99
chocolate kisses 3.79
Tape 1.69
microwave 249.97
Fire truck call 200.00

The look on my wife's face after the fire dept left PRICELESS !

scottp55
02-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Gene, Had a few things go wrong this morning and was beginning to sour, read this and laughed out loud! I ain't got nothing compared to yours. You made my day:)