PDA

View Full Version : For Aspire Users - Wildlife Clipart and Tutorials

jamesb
08-05-2009, 09:17 PM
We have released a new product "Design and Carve Series 1 - Wildlife Scenes" - This combines a selection of our clipart, tutorial videos and completed projects showing how to use the models to create ready-to-carve wildlife themed parts in Aspire. The DVD contains a selection of animal and nature scenery models and over 4 hours of Video tutorials demonstrating how to use these to make mantels, doors and panels. There is detailed info on how to create and modify the supplied projects and create your own custom layouts and designs. You can read more about it, watch an overview video and download a PDF showing all the contents on this page:

http://www.vectorart3d.com/index.cfm/DC1_Wildlife.htm

Thanks,
James

khaos
09-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I am really considering the purchase of this. Even though three of the models are duplicated with the set included with aspire. Thats a shame. However, the additional value provided with the vids and non animal clips is very tempting.

jnbish
09-07-2009, 03:06 PM
I bought the DC1 package, and it looks to me to be a great value, if for nothing more than the tutorials, besides did you know that James Booth got started as the drummer for Pink Floyd? true story!

phil_o
09-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I just placed my order two days ago. My opinion is that the 3D models are a bonus. The value for me is the videos. The Aspire videos that James presented dramatically improved my skills. I'm confident that the videos included with the new series will be worth the price of admission

myxpykalix
09-07-2009, 06:42 PM
JamesB must have learned his craft when he visited the "Dark Side Of The Moon"....because some of his designs are out of this world!

khaos
09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
BTW: Correction. Only two of the models are dupes. Thee spread eagle and the duck. Sorry Guys.

adrianm
09-08-2009, 04:39 AM
It is a great package, especially the tutorials.

I got so frustrated that my current (non-shopbot) CNC was not up to the job of producing the artwork that I can now create I decided to order a PRSstandard 96.

khaos
09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
I pulled the trigger on this last night. Now just waiting on the UPS man...

on a side note:
I wonder if the quotes for custom work are cheaper from vectric or carve3d. Is there overhead i can skip going with carve3d? Seems like James is da man either way... Just wondering.

jnbish
09-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Makes no difference, but remember James did Play Drums for Pink Floyd

jamesb
09-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Not sure about the Pink Floyd connection other than I own a couple of albums. Regarding the pricing for quotes, either Carve3D or Vector Art 3D quote requests come to me so you should get the same price either way.
Cheers,
James

khaos
09-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks James. I'm looking fwd to the scenes package. It should be here Thursday or Friday!!