View Full Version : Raised Text on a dome help

kenkelsey
03-01-2014, 09:24 PM
I have owned Aspire for awhile, but new to 3d. I am trying to place text on a dome shaped sign plank. The dome goes from 1/4 inch at the edge to .6 inch in the middle. The text is to raise 1/4 inch above the dome. I'm not getting good results. I model the dome and then model the text as an add component. It looks good in the preview, but does not cut well. There is a clear ridge around all of the text. I have looked as other threads, but have not figured out what I am doing wrong.

cowboy1296
03-02-2014, 08:56 AM
This is one that I am in the process of finishing. I also pm you and gave you my email address if you want to send me the file. FYI I have aspire 3.5 so if you are at 4.0 I wont be able to open it.

khaos
03-02-2014, 10:51 AM
So the preview looks like this, but cuts as you have shown? Possibly zeroing in a different spot?

If I have some time I will cut something today to test this out. If it matters, I am using Aspire 4 and SB 3.36.x I have definitely cut text and other things on and in a dish without this bounding box. We will figure it out.