View Full Version : nested tool paths?

Kyle Stapleton
04-03-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm trying to tool path a nest but not having any luck.
See video.
Thanks
http://screencast.com/t/ZIkZbgY4St

srwtlc
04-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Kyle, take a look at tutorial video D05 for some info on associating toolpaths. For your case, you don't necessarily need toolpath templates, but you do need to use the selector form in conjunction with layers for each toolpath made. Use layer selection to select the part (say the profiles on the profile layer) and check 'Associate with toolpath' and then calculate it. After you have done that for each toolpath, you can then nest them and when you recalculate a toolpath, it will do it for all the nested ones now.

Kyle Stapleton
04-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Thanks Scott

srwtlc
04-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Just saw that since you have more than one sheet, my single sheet method doesn't work. You can use layers to select just the parts wanted for each toolpath though after nesting.

You can also use toolpath templates by saving one and then reloading it. Then to use it for another sheet, duplicate it and recalculate. Much in the way the video covers.

adrianm
04-03-2014, 12:05 PM
I do lots of multi-sheet multi-toolpath work. You might want to have a look at the "Apply Template to All Sheets" gadget.

It makes the whole process of creating the toolpaths for that type of scenario pretty much effortless.

http://gadgets.vectric.com/index.php?option=com_zoo&view=category&layout=category&Itemid=187

Kyle Stapleton
04-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I downloaded it, but when I go to install there is nothing to install.

http://screencast.com/t/mv5xoBHt

srwtlc
04-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Not sure, but have you updated your version by 'Help/Check for updates'?

Kyle Stapleton
04-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Yes, running 4.5, but that should not matter to an install, Right?

srwtlc
04-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Could have if it was 4.0 off the DVD due to changes since then. Wait to see what Adrian has to say. Great little gadget by the way. Seldom have the need for it, but need to remember it's there.

Did your download complete? Should be about 110kb.

adrianm
04-03-2014, 03:00 PM
I've seen a couple of other people posting similar issues but they've not reported what the solution was. I'm presuming it must be permissions or some such.

I've attached the gadget and it's support files in a Zip archive. If you click on Open Application Data Folder in the Aspire File menu and then expand the Zip into the gadgets folder that should do it. You should end up with an Apply_Template_To_All_Sheets folder within the gadget folder.

Restart Aspire and it should be there.

Really it should be in the users gadget folder but I'm assuming there is an issue with that which is why the installer isn't working. Having it in the main gadget folder won't cause any issues though.

You'll still need to set your file up with layers and templates to use it but it makes the process of generating and saving the toolpaths a lot easier once you've done that.

Kyle Stapleton
04-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks, I got it to work but one path with still not work.
Will post it tomorrow.